1. Jump off the highest diving board and realize that fear is something your mind creates to cage itself in. Jump, and imagine you will never hit the water, imagine you will fall like that forever, imagine eternal adrenaline.
2. Do everything you can to make sure you feel like that every day. Wake up without the shrill defeating cry of an alarm clock with the intent of finding adventure. Never content yourself with an “average” day, with work and school and television. You will drown in the oceans of time you have wasted. Wake up.
3. When the doctor prescribes you pills to soften your sharp edges, throw them back in his face because you don’t need anyone telling you not to feel. Your pain is a part of you. Do not take the easy way out here – you will kill yourself in the process.
4. Realize that you will have to fight for almost everything good in life. Do not be afraid to spill a little blood, or a lot of blood, every now and then. Pacifism is not always the righteous way – some of the best things will require pain, and blood, and the kind of battle that leaves you shaking at the knees. They are worth it. Bleed.
5. You are not a tree. You are not fated to live and die on one tiny patch of dirt. Move. Wander the surface of this Earth like you are wind. Go everywhere, observe everything, reach out and touch. Do not leave this world unshaken by your presence.
6. Remember to defy labels, to transcend the social norms that are really just shackles dead people claim make society function. You are not a résumé, you are not your credit score, college debt, or yearly income. Remember to breathe fire like air and drink earth like water. You are the child of this universe; you are stardust and moon beams. Do not let them tell you otherwise.
7. There will come a day when they will ask you to hand over your dreams in exchange for logic and responsibility. Do not accept this. They will do everything they can to destroy the romantic in you – and if you know what’s good for you, you will fight. You will spill blood, and you will not mind that you cannot wash the stains from your clothing. Dead men fear the living – don’t let them kill you too.
8. All limits are illusions, fabricated by the fearful, pitiful part of the human mind that would undermine your spirit if you let it. Run towards the edge, and then jump. Jump, and imagine you will never hit the ground, imagine you will fall forever, drenched in eternal adrenaline. This is the truest way to live.
9. They will not understand you. They will do everything to stop you. They will do this because you threaten them, you threaten the deepest assumptions of their way of life, and they are scared. Their fear has already killed them – but it won’t kill you. Keep moving, running, jumping. Keep dreaming. This is what freedom feels like.